Transferring a non-UK domain away from Freethought
- 15/10/2021 23:43
You can transfer your domains away from Freethought at any time and there is no cost to do so, to transfer a domain follow the steps below. Note that the following steps do not apply to a UK domain which is done differently, please refer to the knowledgebase for information about transferring a UK domain.
- Log in to the customer portal at https://portal.freethought.uk
- Visit https://portal.freethought-internet.co.uk/clientarea.php?action=domains
- Click the domain you wish to transfer away.
- Click "Registrar Lock" in the left-hand menu and then click "Disable Registrar Lock" to allow the domain to transfer.
- Click "Get EPP Code" in the left-hand menu which will then provide you with your domains EPP or authorisation code.
- Give this EPP code to the registrar that you wish to transfer the domain to.
If you get stuck or make a mistake then feel free to give us a call on 03300 882130 or email email@example.com.
Note that for security we cannot transfer a domain for you from a support ticket or phone call, a transfer must be completed by an authorised person with access to the customer portal via our website.